Our children mean the world to us and spending time with them is the most precious thing we can do. If you are thinking about a stress-free place for a family holiday or a day out, then we hope our family friendly page will inspire you to visit White Cliffs Country.
Enjoy a slower pace of life, experience coastal living but still get a buzz of excitement and feel energised to explore.
Here is our list of ideas, inspiration and boredom-busting snippets:
Get out and about:
- Betteshanger Park is the perfect place for safe cycling, walking, geocaching, orienteering, archery, fossil hunting, nature and wildlife. There's a safe play area, too. Don't miss the fun events taking place throughout the year. Cycle hire (including helmets) is available, including Weehoo Tag-alongs, Trailer buggies and tandems. Dogs on leads, please.
- Samphire Hoe is another great place to run about, cycle, go fishing, discover nature and take part in activities.
- Another popular choice is Kearsney Parks, with its children's play areas, beautiful lakes with plenty of swans, ducks and model boats.
- Read more about our parks and leisure areas.
Make a splash!
- We are blessed with some great beaches in White Cliffs Country - each with their own character. For rockpooling, we suggest Kingsdown Beach and St Margaret's Bay. For beachcombing, we think the beaches at Deal, Walmer and Sandwich are ideal.
- Now is your chance to have a go at watersports. Head to Dover Watersports Centre for safe water-based activities and tuition. You can also hire kayaks, paddleboards, sailing dinghies etc. There are school holiday activities on offer. Visit their website to find out more.
- For little ones, visit Walmer Paddling Pool, an outdoor paddling pool on the seafront at Walmer near Deal.
- If you prefer indoor swimming then visit Tides and Dover Leisure Centre.
Take a ride/tour:
- Take a walk on the wild side at Wingham Wildlife Park. Not only is it home to tigers, penguins, and many other species of animal, but it also has 29 giant dinosaurs on display! Enjoy talks and animal feed times. Kids can go bananas in the safe play area while you can watch nearby with a cup of tea!
- Also, nearby at Bekesbourne, is Howlett's Zoo.
Have a go at:
Family Friendly Accommodation:
Families Welcome award:
Of course, this is only just a brief glimpse at all that White Cliffs Country has to offer you!
So our top 3 tips are:
- Take a family break in Dover, Deal, Sandwich or surrounding villages. Browse through our Stay section and decide on the perfect Accommodation for you and your family!
- There's plenty of things to do for families in the Dover area. Kids and parents alike will enjoy our Events so take a look at our What's On listing for details.
- Take a peek at our full list of Local Attractions and Things To Do.