White Cliffs of Dover
There can be no doubt that The White Cliffs of Dover are one of this country's most spectacular natural features.
They are an official icon of Britain and have been a symbol of hope and freedom for centuries.
Described recently in an article in The Guardian as number one in the top ten places to walk in the country, enjoy exhilarating cliff top walks which offer unrivalled views of the busy English Channel.
Learn more about their fascinating military history, savour the rare flora and fauna only found on this chalk grassland or just watch the ships passing in the Channel from the comfort of our coffee shop.
The Visitor Centre on Langdon Cliffs offers information, refreshments, light lunches and a shop selling gifts and souvenirs.
Prices and Opening Hours
Please visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/white-cliffs-dover for details.
- White Cliffs of Dover, Langdon Cliffs, Upper Road, Dover, Kent, CT16 1HJ
- See location on Google maps.
- Map reference: TR 337422 Lat: 51.13209 Long: 1.33899
- From A2/A258 roundabout, take A258 towards Dover town centre. After 1 mile turn left into Upper Road, follow for 1 mile. Turn right into entrance.
- Disabled parking adjacent to Visitor Centre.
- Parking : with charge
- Nearest station : 2 miles (3.2 kms) from Dover Priory station