Sandwich Guildhall Museum
The museum tells the story of Sandwich from the Mesolithic Period through to the eve of WW2. The jewels of the collection are Sandwich’s own Magna Carta and Charter of the Forest, but there are also many other rare and beautiful items which have not been on public display before.
Allow at least an hour.
Suitable for wheelchairs.
Parking, toilets and refreshments nearby.
Large groups can be accommodated outside these days/time by prior arrangement.
Please visit www.sandwichguildhallmuseum.co.uk for details.
- Sandwich Guildhall Museum, Cattle Market, Sandwich, Kent, CT13 9AH
- See location on Streetmap.
- Map reference: TR 329581 Lat: 51.27441 Long: 1.33778
- Follow the one way system to New Street. Continue along New Street until you pass the Guildhall and take first left onto Cattle Market.
- Parking : with charge
- Accessible by Public Transport : 1 mile (1.6 kms) from Sandwich station
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift from the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users to the gift shop
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Good colour/tonal contrast for visually impaired visitors
- Wheelchairs provided free
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Audible alarm system
Water bowl provided for service dogs.