Most people are familiar with our famous White Cliffs, but what about our alluring and unique beaches?
Research has proved that the sea has a calming influence on us, but which beach in White Cliffs Country inspires you?
Our shores are mainly shingle but we do have pockets of sand!
We love our pebbles because:
- you don't risk getting sand in your sandwiches
- we love the sound of the crunch when walking on pebbles
- we're absorbed by the colours of the shingle and the colonised coastal plants
- we love to hunt for the smiley-faced pebble or the heart-shape
- try skimming the flattest pebble across the water - it's great fun!
So come to our beaches to:
- hunt for shells, driftwood, cuttle fish, star fish, mermaid's purses...
- to enjoy watersports
- to go fishing
- to enjoy rockpooling
- to sail
- to swim
- to stroll up a pier
- visit fantastic castles with sea views
- enjoy ice cream made locally
- to enjoy cafe culture and dine beside the sea
- to stay in a room with a view and soak up coastal living
- to calm your mind and lift your spirits
To help you decide where to go we've made a quick guide to our lovely beaches: